“Can I touch your butt” in Elvish.
This is so useful
No, this is not “Can I touch your butt” in Elvish. This is “Can I touch your butt?” in English, transcribed using the letters of the Elvish alphabet. There is a difference.
In Elvish, the letters of the alphabet correspond to sounds, not to words. The above text spells it out using one symbol to represent one letter of the original English, which is incorrect:
- c-a-n i t-o-u-c-h y-o-u-r b-u-t-t
If you really want to spell out an English phrase using the Elvish alphabet, you would do so phonetically, which would basically equate to one symbol per phoneme (sound):
- c-a-n a-i t-u-ch y-o-r b-u-t
If you actually wanted to write “Can I touch your butt?” in Elvish, one (very rough) translation would be:
Annog nin daf pladan tele ci?
Which, in Sindarin Elvish, roughly translates to, “Would you give me permission to touch your rear?”
Written in tengwar (the Elvish alphabet), it would look like this:
Sorry for the blurry quality.
damn, the lotr fandom doesnt fuck around
not to mention LOOK HOW POLITE THIS WAS
LIKE GOOD LORD
OLDEST FANDOMS REALLY ARE POLITEST
someone needs to turn down that sass level
Two things to know about Canada!
- We are smart enough to know hot things should be hot.
- We are sorry if you don’t
A few things you need to know about this hot coffee case:
- It wasn’t an issue of the coffee being because no fucking shit coffee is hot, but McDonald’s had over heated their water to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s 121C. Not just hot, but really FUCKING hot. Your fancy Starbucks lattes are brewed to 150 degrees.
- The 79 year old woman had this cup of 250F (121C) coffee between her legs when it spilled so 250F (121C) coffee spilled on her genitals
- She got third degree burns…on her genitals. THIRD DEGREE.
- She had to have skin grafts to repair the damage
- When she sued McDonald’s, it wasn’t for millions of dollars, it was for $20,000 to cover hospital costs and court fees. 20-fucking-thousand.
- McDonald’s settled and changed their heating policy, but not before making her sign a gag order keeping her from talking about this case
- So she had to live on hearing little shits like you call her stupid and money-grubbing, and other horrendous stuff because she dared ask the company in the wrong to fix what they fucked up.
I know I’ve reblogged this before tonight but so help me god, I will keep reblogging this with the proper information so everyone can maybe learn not to be an asshole. Like I said before, next person to mock this woman can have 250F (121C) water poured on their dick or lady dick and see how you like it.
So sit the fuck down, Canada.
Slow clap it out for the hot piece of sass that is my rp partner.
shit you don’t hear
from what i heard it also melted her pants to her legs SO yeah
The Doctor’s bucketlist:
say allons-y alonzo to someone named alonzo
- ginger hair
WHAT A LITTLE SHIT
i lOVE HOW HE JUST HESITATES FOR A SECOND
THEN HE JUST
I’ve done it
I’ve created the perfect hentai creature
My god, you really have.
im trying to be more positive *sheds electrons and becomes highly unstable*
Japan > Everywhere else
This is Japan in a nutshell. Forget all the crazy stuff with the weird tv programs and the cosplaying—that’s just the outer shell that gets attention because it’s unusual. This, this is the beauty of the country. I’ve had little grandmothers chase me down because I dropped my shinkansen tickets. In amusement parks, the attendants do their upmost to get lost items (usually cardigans or kids’ shoes) back to the owners—before the owners even realize they’d lost said item(s). I’ve had complete strangers not only give my thorough directions but have offered to drive me to the place I needed to go.
It is so, so, so hard to go back to the States after you get the J-treatment. I mean, Japan has its downside (“What is this madness you call pizza???”), but the general attitudes of everyone—even the so-called hardcore yankees (two of whom who, on a blazing summer day, helped me find one of my schools when I was heinously lost in the labyrinth that is the neighborhood in which said school is located)—is the epitome of the mindset that I wish everyone would adopt. Because yelling at people gets you nowhere. And being able to empathize with people kinda helps make this country a really nice place to live in.
Reblogging again for THIS ↑↑↑↑
THIS IS THE MOST ACCURATE POST I’VE SEEN ON TUMBLR
I now want to visit Japan even more.
this is not a good sign…
Did Yahoo delete that tweet? Because I just went to their official twitter account (@Yahoo, the one whose name reads Yahoo! at the top like in the photo), and read every single tweet made on May 21st, and even those made May 20th… Tumblr isn’t mentioned at all. So unless Yahoo deleted that tweet, this is seriously fake and its totally fucking rude to get people upset over bullshit that isn’t real.
u know what would be cool. if you could wear whatever you wanted whenever you wanted without having to feel bad or weird or shamed about it. show up to work in plated armor. show up to a staff meeting in full cosplay. wear a dress to play tackle football. wear a bikini at the dinner table. dress in scuba gear for your wedding ceremony.